JOURNALIST : What is your name and what city do you rep?
* M.U.R.D.A.H RUE
(Moving Under Rigorous Discipline Almost Home)
* Deep East Oakland, California
JOURNALIST : Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?
* The song “Aquatinted” with MONSTA YO and Realz Sinatra…I was snooping thru Yo’s unreleased music, heard it and even worse heard that I wasn’t supposed to be on it, so I snuck a verse on there. Knowing that I had to make it hard for me to be out-rapped by whoever he was planning on featuring. Lol It worked out but I had 200 push-ups coming lol. So It worked out both ways. *(MONSTA YO) Long Beach, CA
JOURNALIST : What is unique about you and your music?
* Yeah about that song. This little mfer is a wiz with mixing and mastering…in a cell phone so I put him in charge of that department. My consequence for that is I get surprised with unsolicited verses. Lol He’s like a pesky little Brother but our musical chemistry is fire. I had different intentions for the song “Aquatinted” but it came out fire. 28k views in 30 days. So we’re celebrating that being that it was done from a prison cell. As we say…Runnin’ an OP (Operation) from a box”
JOURNALIST : When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?
I realized that I was going to make music professionally when Numbskull from the Luniz pulled me and my cousin Playboi backstage at a show in San Francisco, at Fort Mason and said, Y’all niggas next to be famous.” That still moves me to this day.
JOURNALIST : What type of music do you listen to?
* I listen to whatever song grabs my head and heart and good lyricist inspire me to write.
JOURNALIST : What inspires you to write music?
* I draw inspiration from the position I’m in. Being in prison they try to take the life outta you, figuratively. So creating music knowing the platforms MONSTA YO is able to make it reach is very inspirational.Again, it’s the fact that we’ve been in prison for a while now and people’s association of prisoners with cellphones is negative. We’re aiming to disrupt that connotation. I’ve seen guys rent phone just to help their daughter with her homework. It’s a shame how our creative outlet is limited. But, we’re maintaining with the help of God
I create what the Bay Area calls Mob Music with a today’s twist on it. I lived the life I’m illustrating, you can “Ghetto Google” me in Oakland and it’ll come back that I lived it before I rapped it. That’s what I consider unique. That along with the time I put into the metaphors and similes to show that the verse actually took some thought to compose.
JOURNALIST : What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about?
I USE THIS LEISURE TIME CONSTRUCTIVELY BY WORKING OUT EXPANDING MY MIND TAUGHT MYSELF TWO LANGUAGES AS WELL AS PUBLISHED 7 BOOKS, got my degrees and always building so that what I learned pays off.
JOURNALIST : What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out?
I’ve been doing music for a while now and I’ve wanted to make it professionally even before they put the cuffs on me, lol. It’s a destiny thing to me. I’ve watched my followers go up faster than my views and streams. If I don’t continue to do it professionally I’ll have a lot of explaining to do.I listen to whatever song grabs my head and heart and good lyricist inspire me to write.BASICALLY THE SAME THING. SONGS THAT SPEAK TO MY SOUL INSPIRED ME TO LISTEN AND WRITE.
JOURNALIST : Where do we find you music / music projects?
* On all digital platforms and on Instagram @cmb_murdah_rue make sure you spelled just like that cuz we both got fake pages now that people been making you know we almost famous. Lol
On all digital platforms as well as Instagram @monsta_yo
Who Is Tae Daproducer ?
Taevione Lanier also known as Tae Daproducer is an producer- artist from Birmingham AL,
that has been heating up recently in the rap game. He has been dropping music videos along
with producer content on Youtube this past year and has gotten a good amount of attention.
Tae Daproducer has over 100k views on his Youtube videos & nearly 15k followers on Instagram. Tae Daproducer also has over 20,000 monthly listeners on Spotify , which is continuing to grow. Tae DaProducer looks to keep his momentum going by dropping more music , YouTube videos , and beats on his numerous platforms.
Tae Daproducer has set the standards high for many upcoming artists-producers. He is not only gaining love and fandom for his melodic songs and beats , but also for his risk taking ability to branch into new styles and creative lanes. His focus has always been the people because without them he would be nowhere and his talent would be unheard.Tae Daproducer has always crafted his songs with his fans and audience in mind and believes that to be the best and only approach if you want to truly connect with your fans.
You can find him on all the major platforms such as Apple Music , Instagram , Spotify , and
YouTube simply by searching…
(Apple Music ,Spotify, YouTube ) : Tae Daproducer
(Instagram) : TaeDaproducer_
Gucci Gordy turns his music hobby into a lifestyle
Q. Who is Gucci Gordy? Gucci Gordy is the mmelinum version of Barry Gordy of Motwn.
Q. How’d you get into the music industry to begin with? I started in St Louis, and it started out as a hobby.
Q. Why would an artist get dropped from a major label? Does it all just come down to the bottom line? An artist would get dropped by not meeting expectations versus the risk of the investment. It does because labels lose a lot of money because they spend money frivolously and if an artist don’t recoup their money, they get dropped. Major Labels spend money differently and artist are left to recoup. Any artist would have to have an upward trajectory.
Q. I constantly hear incredibly impressive singing talents in places like the rice houses in St. Louis or even street corners in Detroit … why don’t some people get discovered while other less talented people do? Because they work harder. If it’s meant to happen, it will happen.
Q. Which is more important for musician’s success: talent or marketability? Both
Q. How important is seeing a band play live in deciding whether to sign them? Important because you get to see the full package from their stage presence, crowd interaction, and crowd likability.
Q. How do A&R’s search for new talent these days? Word of mouth and research on all social media platforms.
Q. How do you stay organized in such a vast industry? Repeating the same protocol, creating a curriculum and staying consistent by creating a regime and sticking to the process.
Q. What was the most recent signing that you were a part of? I signed Leeky G Bando, artist based out of New York, Chris Echols, and Destineeee Lynn.
Q. Where can the world follow you? @guccigordy
Q. What’s next for you in the music world? As an executive, my next move is scaling the business up by diversifying my portfolio by signing labels and international artist.
DMV Artist Oca Stacks Is Trending With His Recent Releases
Oca Stacks is an on the rise recording artist from the DMV (D.C, Maryland, Virginia) area. Since pursuing music he has been gaining a ton of attention locally but looks to start making his presence known around the globe. The tragic death of his brother is what ultimately ignited his passion to pursue music. It was the catalyst to Oca Stacks taking on music as more than a hobby. Since this pivotal moment, he has been serious about his music career and takes it more seriously than ever.
Oca Stacks has a sound of his own. His sound is unique and unlike any other artist in the industry. When creating content Oca uses the mic to vent his pain. Recording allows him to tell his story and express his pain and life lessons on a track. It’s like therapy. Currently, Oca Stacks is pushing his latest release titled “25K”. This song was created after his house arrest release. While having to stay at home due to their house arrest he was not able to go to the studio. So as soon as he was released he went that same day and recorded “25K”. A hit record. The song gained him a ton of notoriety once it was released and is still to this day.
While marketing that single he is working on a project as well. An EP titled “ My Time Is Now”. The project will also feature his single “FK UP’ which is set to drop on October 31st of this year. Oca Stacks is made for music. His sound is infectious, gritty, and easily enjoyable to all walks of life. If you have not already, be sure to check his single “25K” out now.